Friday, July 29, 2005

Worth a Shot

Friends and family have told me that I should be a writer.

Two problems as I see it:

1) I don't have anything to write about; and

2) I'm not any good at it.

Now, most people would recognize these two obstacles as deal-breakers. Try something else.

However, there is a trump card in my psyche: my desire to please people. I don't mean this in a boastful way. No, my desire to please people is no virtue. In fact, it can be so strong that it is most often a character flaw. Like a need for validation. I mean, sure Mother Theresa in some sense desired to please people, but, then again, so did Hitler.

But I digress. The point here is that the power of my desire can motivate me to do some evidently stupid things.

So, like tone-deaf American Idol contestants take a stab at singing, I'm going to take a stab at writing.

To start, I'll just dip my toes in the shallow end.

With this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home